Building & Renovations
Is your home in need of repair, or is it time to renovate, maybe both?
Here at Strathclyde, we have a passion for preservation. We have been very fortunate to repair, renovate, alter and extend a large number of Christchurch homes. Many of our projects have been on the hill. Managing logistical and structural challenges is where we truly excel. If you are looking to carry out repairs to your home such as re-levelling, earthquake, strengthening, and cosmetic repairs, our knowledge of repair and skills are second to none. We thrive to provide the strongest and most efficient repair solutions available across Christchurch. Our passion for preservation runs through our entire team. We love to make the old and tired look beautiful again and functional like a new home while retaining some of its original characters.
Whether you are looking to repair, modernise, extend or alter your home, you will need to consider some key points:
- What level of design is required and by who, and will I need any consents?
- Will I need to move out and if so for how long?
- How much will the project cost and what will be my exposure to the price increases through variations or provision allowances?
- What work is practical and is going to add the most value to my home?
- How do we choose our builder, ensuring they are the right fit for our values and project?
Good news, we can help with all of this! Your project will have the best outcome if we get involved at the start to assist you through the planning and design stages. We use only the very best subcontractors so we can guarantee the highest possible quality of workmanship, and make sure the project runs on time. So if you want to:
- Bring your home up to modern performance standards
- Add some space for the family, an office or gym
- Lighten your home and improve the flow
- Or maybe just sort those key rooms, so you can enjoy your R&R Then we would love to hear from you and make your dreams become a reality.
"Delivering with integrity and ingenuity, smart, efficient total-solutions for complex projects and in doing so building quality homes, in-ground structures and gardens that are made to last and enjoy."
Director & Construction Manager
Hi, I am Scott Todd, owner of Strathclyde. I’m extremely passionate about our business and providing an outstanding experience for our customers. Back in Scotland, I worked as a site-based Engineer on major civil and building projects, for the largest construction company in the UK. This is where I honed my skills before moving to Christchurch in 2013. Strathclyde offers a "start to finish" service, which means that you have one point of contact throughout your project.
We offer a wealth of experience in the full package from earthworks through to building and landscaping. Quality, trust and communication are paramount to how we do business. We take great pride in our work, and we are focused on providing a seamless professional experience for our customers. We do this through continual development of our systems, and always looking to further our skills and clearly understand our "why". Moving to Christchurch post-quake, I have seen a lot of substandard work and compromising working conditions.
We are committed to providing practical, common-sense solutions to challenging construction projects whilst keeping our team safe and upholding the highest quality standards. I started Strathclyde to be the change I wanted to see, and the change Christchurch needed.
Why choose us
Strathclyde offers offer a wealth of experience in the full package, from earthworks through to building and landscaping. We are committed to providing practical, common-sense solutions to challenging construction projects whilst keeping our team safe and upholding the highest quality standards.
Getting It Right Upfront
We will sit down with yours or our architect and engineer, depending on the requirements, and provide the practical input necessary for the right outcome. As your trusted builder we will help you to get the balance just right in regards to what you want vs what is possible vs your budget. We will mitigate risk for you and provide clearer costs.
While working on your project, we will treat your home and its surroundings with the greatest of respect. We encourage a clean, well mannered and well-presented site at all times. A clean site is a safe site.
Diverse Staff & Resources
All our building sites are overseen by one of our LBP builders, and our civil and landscaping foremen are real sharpshooters. We carry a large range of plant and equipment. We put the right person on the right tool on the right job, providing the highest level of efficiency for our clients.
Complex Sites - Nothing's Too Hard
We make the difficult easy. Technical and logistically challenging projects are both our forte and our passion. Our Civil Engineer Scott and the rest of our team thrive off this type of work, systematically working through your project from planning through construction to execution. Disclaimer: We do enjoy the simpler projects to recharge and hone our skills.
Start To Finish
Many builders and contractors only do one thing, meaning lots of handovers on projects between different parties. Our team will be on-site from breaking ground through to the finishing touches and landscaping. Handovers are therefore in-house, allowing information to travel more smoothly. We avoid the "construction Chinese whispers".
We have a comprehensive 280-point quality checklist that we methodically update throughout the build.
For your complete peace of mind, and to guarantee complete customer satisfaction, we offer our complete Pragmatic Guarantee.
- Planning & Pricing - Scott Todd, our Company Director, will personally come to meet you to discuss your ideal project. During this initial free and no-obligation consultation, you will be given information on the following:
- Feasibility - Is what you are planning possible? We will let you know if there are potentially better solutions worth considering.
- Design & Consent Requirements - We will guide you through the design and consent process to ensure we get this vital stage of the project right.
- Timeframes - We will discuss a tentative start date, project duration, risks which could cause delays, and how to mitigate these risks.
- Costs - We will provide a detailed scope of works highlighting what is and isn't included in the contract. Wherever possible, we will offer a fixed cost to reduce the risk of budget blowouts and will advise on choosing the right materials to suit your budget.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS FROM HERE?
Request a FREE Consultation
Contact us today to arrange your free ‘dreams to reality’ session valued at $395 with our Director & Construction Manager Scott Todd. Scott and his team will meet with you in person to discuss all aspects of the building process and will be happy to answer all of your questions.
Get in touch with the team today
Do you have a complex project you want to discuss? Get in touch with our expert team to schedule a free and no-obligation consultation.
We provide the most efficient solutions to complex projects.